Kris Luyten, Professor
Co-founder of TinkerTouchkris.firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Wetenschapspark 2Diepenbeek, 3590 Belgium
+32(0)11 26 84 11
- Submit for EICS 2013!
- Our Cultural Heritage and IT knowledge center iDiscover will present at the FARO event Games & Erfgoed : Level2 and the The Media & Learning 2012 Conference.
- New professor joins our group: Johannes Schöning
- Papers for UIST, VL/HCC and Ami accepted
- Call for Papers: Third workshop on Engineering Patterns for Multitouch Interfaces
- We have a professor position and two PhD positions available in our group. Profile is Computer Science + HCI. Apply now!
- Our "Build your own mobile game" platform has been deployed for cultural heritage institutes in Roeselare and Izegem. Check it out here.
- iDiscover launches Park Explorer, a mobile guide for and by youngsters for the Middelheim museum. More info here (Dutch).
- Want to make the world a better place for all end-users? Join us for a PhD! (vacancy),(vacature)
- A quick look back at HCI@EDM output in academic year 2010-2011: papers at (amongst other venues) Pervasive 2011, ACM UIST 2010, IEEE 3DUI 2011, ACM EICS 2011, ACM NordiCHI 2010, AmI 2010 and Interact 2011. Workshops on Multitouch (at EICS 2011) and Intelligibility (at Pervasive 2011).
- Workshop on Human-Centered Design of Smart/Ambient Environments and Services: Models and Tools for Task Migratability at Ami 2011.
- Looking for a challenge? We are looking for clever computer scientists that want to contribute to the future of human-computer interaction. Three PhD scholarships and one researcher position available, apply no later than May 16.
- Coming up and still open for registration: Easy Access to Multimedia and Multilingual Data workshop at June 1, 2011 in Leuven, Belgium
- EICS 2011, June 13-16 in Pisa (Italy) with one full paper, two short papers, one workshop on multi-touch and one paper at another workshop from Hasselt University
- Raadpleeg onze bibliotheek over mobiele ICT en de erfgoedsector!
- Engineering Patterns for Multi-Touch Interfaces 2011 submission deadline: March 13
- Archie Mobile Museum Game interviews on YouTube (Dutch)
- ACM SIGCHI Symposium on Engineering Interactive Computing Systems (EICS) 2011 submission deadline for full papers: November 22. See the Call for papers here.
- Workshop on Interacting with Smart Objects submission deadline: November 12
- We organize the seminar Museum Xtra (Dutch) on November 22 featuring several interesting guest speakers on digital media and cultural heritage, and a workshop session on mobile ICT and musea.
- Various installations from our researchers, spin-offs and students featured at the best rock festival in the world: Pukkelpop 2010. Visit us there and find out!
- Interested in joining us for a PhD working on intelligent environments? We offer two full PhD scholarships! Check out the vacancies for prospective PhD candidates here. Contact me with your inquiries.
- Workshop on Engineering Patterns for Multi-Touch Interfaces 2010 -- open for your submissions!